- WorksheetControlItem: special element, for better UX, while user interact with cell. Now, this element handle drag-and-drop and cell selection (details below)
- Multiple cells selection: now user can select not one, but many sells via Ctrl+LeftClick. Selection also visualizate on control elements
- Actions on selection (first version): now user can apply some actions on selected cells, for example evaulating, deleting, moving.
- Possibility to change result collapsing via double click on ‘»>’ prompt element
- Add collapsing of text results with a lot of visible lines (limit of collapsing set in Settings). Double click can collapse/uncollapse collapsed text result.
- Drops Python 2 backend.
- Support for Jupyter Notebook format (.ipynb)
- Allow to convert Cantor’s native worksheet format to Jupyter notebook and back
- Allow to change the type of a worksheet entry via the context menu
- Leave the markdown and latex cells in the edit mode if the the user hits the cancel/escape button
- Add opportunity to set path to local documentation in Sage backend
Important bug fixes
- Fix rendering of embedded math in Markdown Entry on openSUSE
- Show the pointer hand cursor when hovering over a URL in a markdown entry
- Make sagemath backend compatible with sagemath built with python3
- Instead of showing only available and workable backends, Cantor shows all available backends and for non workable shows reason, why this backend doesn’t work.
- Allow to set the path to custom Julia installations. However, Cantor will work with versions only it was compiled for.
- For Markdown and LaTeX entries allow to switch via double click from the rendered result to the original code and back via the evaluation of the entry
- Save the results of rendered markdown and LaTeX entries as part of the project. This allows to see the results also on with no support for markdown and latex rendering
- Hide “Help” panel on startup. Automatically show this panel when user executes a command entry with a help expression
- Add “Recent Files” submenu (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=409138)
Important bug fixes:
- [R] Fix bug with expression only from comment - now Cantor R backend don’t freeze on ‘Computing’ after running the expression
- Save error status and message of Command Entry into .cws (Cantor Worksheet file) - Cantor have lost them on saving before
- Reset Command Entry numeration after Backend restart
- Close loaded worksheet, if the loading failed (before Cantor show empty broken worksheet)
- [Python] Fix bug with non-working interruption (before interrupted only Cantor expression: Python Server still continued to work)
- Don’t scroll to worksheet’s end after the project was loaded
- [Julia, Python] Report about server side errors, for example, crashes
- [Python] Don’t use Qt in pythonserver executable for avoding problems (often crashes) with PyQt5 (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=397264, https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=407362)
- [Python] Show Python warnings not as errors, but as text results (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=409240)
- Add missing context menu to MarkdownEntry
- Fix bug with rendering loaded rendered MarkdownEntry as empty
- Fix unworking ‘Show LaTeX Code’ action in Latex Entry context menu
- Fix problem with an incorrect window title after closing all tabs
- Possibility to hide and show results of command entry via context menu
- [Maxima, Octave, Python, R] Add a way to specify the path to the local documentation in the settings. By default, this path didn’t specified and Cantor uses online documentation.
- Huge improvment of variables managment: better parsing, option to turn on and turn off variable managment, better GUI performance by limitation of value size (too big for showing values replaced by “" text
Important bug fixes:
- [Sage] Fix execuation for unsystem Sage installation
- [Julia] Fix bug, that suppressing output don’t work